Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Life Goes On....


By Kerwin De Matas

I am getting older, seems like yesterday I was just a kid, and of course I still feel like a kid. It's really a strange feeling for some people when they have finally crossed over into their thirties. Before, while still a teen, or in the twenties, it didn't matter. A teen felt like a grown up, whilst in the twenties, a person would feel like they should be responsible for something or some one. But once the thirties have been reached, it's like wow, I reached. When I started going over the thirty mark, that's when I felt, whoa man, slow down, because then I felt like the years were really beginning to go too fast. It's incredible the amount of reflection I did on the life that I have lived so far.

An Interesting Book

Fine, I worked on a cruise line, made enough money so that I could have my own home in Chile, but then what? How many more years would pass before I turned sixty, not too far away now. I am thinking, this is the time to get serious and do something quickly, I don't know, maybe study? Yes, that's it, I should try studying to get a proper certificate, so that I can get a better job before forty. That way, I can send my kid to a good school, give him the chance to grow up in a secure environment, and still have extra dough to send my other son to university. That way I can say later, yes, I did something worth while with my life, and that I didn't waste it! I know that money is not everything in life, but again, it is necessary. If I wanted a hippie life, maybe then I wouldn't have to care too much, but I'm not living that life.

Time To Slow Down!

People always tell me that I should just live this life day by day, and not worry so much...How can I, when there are so much things to do, and so little time to them. Anyone reading this might say, this guy is exaggerating a little, I don't think so. I think that we should try planning our lives to the extent, so as not to have nasty surprises later on. When I am in my old age, I would feel a lot more relaxed knowing that I wouldn't have to worry economically, physically, mentally etc. Talking about being rich would be jumping the gun, even I know that, but it is sad when people reach retirement, and they have to continue working so hard to make ends meet, it's too distressing to even think about.

Now This Is What I'm Talking About!!

Of course, knowing my self, I would want to continue working, but because I would want to, not because I would have to. That's the difference that I want to make in my life, and I want all the preparations done while I still have the extra energy to do so... How fantastic it is to still experience the feeling of celebrating another year, to feel the goose bumps, when I think about it, but to also remember, that life is running, and it is running fast. I am young now, but it would be a shame, if the life was to run out, and I wasn't prepared to run it. For me, that is going to be an important lesson to teach my kid that's on the way. He should enjoy his life to the fullest, but he should also be prepared to run through life in good stride, with out falling down too hard, when he might fall down sometimes. Another year has come, and it is going...But my happiness is still with me, thank you God, if I did not thank you too much before....

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Check out the best of em' !

Destra Garcia