Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Some One's Best Friend


By Kerwin De Matas

Maybe this is nothing important for most people, but for animal lovers like myself, it means a lot. There are feline lovers, rodent lovers, insect lovers, I mean, the love for nature's species comes in different forms. I myself, am a dog lover. As a kid, I always brought home strays, and then my mother would always send me back to leave them where I found them!

Military Dog

Then as a teenager, I had a motley crew of pets , that when I think about it now, is just to laugh at. But my real weakness were for the dogs. Who really runs things, I wonder sometimes, dogs or us? One time I saw a movie, and it voiced those very questions, it was very hilarious! Do we walk the dogs, or do they walk us? We have to clean after dogs, not them after us!

Sporting Dog

When we are hungry or thirsty, we have to satisfy ourselves, but when man's best friend is hungry or thirsty, we have to serve them! It really is curious, isn't it? Then what use, are dogs to us? It's not really hard to answer that question. Dogs has been part of our lives for as long as we can remember, they do take care of us if we really think about it... They can be trained to save lives in the mountains, at sea, in jungles or forests...they help in police work, and have proven themselves capable of a job well done in this field.

Seeing Eye Dogs Are Really Incredible

In farm work, they are proven, indispensable as ranchers, working very well with sheep, cows etc. To see them working with handicapped people, sometimes I don't know if to feel touched, or just damn proud to see an animal that I have so much faith in, working with people that depend on them with their lives! Now even if there are dogs that might not be trained to the extent of the dogs mentioned above, they still prove themselves as the most trustworthy partners to the people they live with.

Who Would Be Their Owners?

Then why is it there are people that just don't give a damn, wanting to be dog owners, but neglecting their dogs. Or worse, people that just don't like dogs, going out of their way to mistreat them in ways, that are just too horrible to accept. Come on people, when taking on the responsibility of dog ownership, this is something that should be taken seriously!! It really is sad to see some kids, and adults with their new puppy.

Why?!

They go around thinking that they really love their new pet, but finding out later, that when the dog is bigger, it just isn't cute any more, and they just don't want anything more to do with it...too sad. When taking on a dog, just think that this dog would be your friend, this dog would worship the ground you walk on, if the proper attention is given to it. A person would be surprised at the things that dogs would do, when it receives genuine love. My recommendation, don't adopt a dog, or even buy one, if there just wouldn't be the time or patience to care for it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Check out the best of em' !

Destra Garcia