Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A Little Understanding?


By Kerwin De Matas

It's not funny anymore you know... Like most kids, we always found the kid with allergies, the wimp of our class. We never knew how much that kid would be suffering..we only saw the wimp of the class with all his allergy paraphernalia, to help him with the next asthma attack, if we only knew...if I, only knew then, then I don't think I would have been such a jerk! Now I am a grown man, with so much allergies, that I think the pharmacies are happy when I walk through their doors. For me it was never easy to understand, why some kids had to walk around with so much medicine in their school bags, for ailments that appeared no more than coughs, sneezes, constant headaches, etc.

Happens To The Best Of Us!

Sometimes I remember when I felt bad at school, I would never tell my mother, scared that she would first of all, take me to a doctor, I hated doctors...Those people really gave me the creeps. Then the next scare, that maybe the doc' would diagnose me with some crazy as hell ailment that would require me to walk around with a bag of medicine also! Didn't want that, so I held out and just tried getting better by playing cricket or a little football, anything that would help me to sweat, so that this thing would go away. I realize now that maybe I was a little bit paranoid, and because of all those years of ' holding out ', the aches are strongly felt now, stupid kid! Peer pressure can be a heck of a thing you know, it just wasn't cool where I came from to be the sickly kid. That kid would be heckled, left out of the group, it's incredible how cruel some kids can be. So there you have it, a kid just couldn't cut it, if he was sick. ( You noticed I said he, right? ) Boy kids certainly think different, whereas girls are simply extraordinary, they are much more mature!

These Kids Can Be As Strong As Any Other

Okay, so now I am so allergic, that if I stop taking the medicine diagnosed to me, I would be a total wreck. If it gets a little bit chilly, we're talking fevers; Try doing my own garden, it´s headaches, heavy sneezing, stuffy nose, trouble to breath; I love dogs, but I can't even stay around my own dogs too long, because the hair would cause me to break out in a rash, it's too much, I mean, I´m even allergic to latex!!

But anyway, enough about my silly complaints, after all, I still have all my limbs, and I can still get around without difficulty. In other words, there are people out there who are suffering much more, and some even carry their burden without so much as a squeak...Definitely, we need to teach our kids to be more understanding to people that are mentally challenged, deformed or crippled, because apparently, we forget that they are people too...It's not nice at all to exclude anyone, no matter what their economic situation, ailment, ethnic background etc.

They Don't Need Our Sympathy, They Need Us To Understand!

So we have to start this training at home, or if not, then you would have little creeps like myself running around causing what ever problems, believe me, no one wants that!

Then, let's try waking up to a new day, and start all over again at being nice to the people we would normally try to give hell to, huh? What do you think? I mean, if me, the jerk can try doing that, what about you, the good guys? Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Check out the best of em' !

Destra Garcia