Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Stubborn People...


By Kerwin De Matas

Us Human beings, can really be weird, huh? How many slogans we see everyday, about saying no to drugs, don't talk to strangers, don't drink and drive etc. We would see all these slogans, yet we would do those things anyway. Stubborn, that's what we are. I drink, not to the extent to be an alcoholic, but in social gatherings, enough to leave me dizzy the next morning. It's okay to say, " yes, I can hold my liquor ", but is it really necessary to prove to everyone, that you can still, with so much alcohol inside you, drive without any problems? Just give over the keys man!!

NOT!!














That wouldn't be wise, but it's done anyway, guess peoples' not afraid to die... Look, if we are supposed to be an example to our kids, then I say we do it well or bust! I my self am too stubborn. I know that I can drink, ( I´m in this moment with a great hangover!) but when it is time to drive, instead of giving over the keys, I prefer to do it my self. That has to stop! Because not only is it very stupid and irresponsible, but it could mean that my kid can grow up without one of his parents. Definitely, we need to practice what we preach. A lot of people, including myself, would go on about what is correct and what is not, but when it comes down to doing it, it's a different story. I enjoy writing about things that happen around us, maybe I write so that I won't make the same mistakes, and if I had done something that was not appropriate, to not do it again. Does it work? Not always...It's like we need to put an extra effort to do what's right.

Addiction Comes In Many Forms..

I guess we are all like drug addicts, doesn't mean we have to take drugs to be an addict, but simply put, ' We are very interested in doing something and spend a lot of time doing it. 'An addict would never admit that they are addicted. People would continue doing what is wrong, and won't admit that they are wrong. A try would be made to do the right thing, but for most people, it just wears off, we go right back to where we started, that's maybe humankind's biggest fault, the will to do the right thing. I am not going to preach, but if each of us can be responsible, and try looking into ourselves, and admit to ourselves, that we are stubborn. Who knows, if we try paying attention to those slogans, and follow their advice, maybe it won't hurt as much, as if we didn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Check out the best of em' !

Destra Garcia