Thursday, November 23, 2006

Take It, Or Leave It!


By Kerwin De Matas

Public transport...Most of the times, this can be the worst alternative to get around, but you know what? As much as I don't want to admit it, it is very necessary. I think though, that they can be a little bit more understanding towards people who depend on it to get around. Look, I won't go to work in my car for two reasons. One being that the gas prices are sky-rocketing, to ridiculous levels, and two, to get a parking spot is simply a joke, and I would have to pay to park for the day, forget that, I am on a budget man! So I depend on public transportation to get to work. It's incredible that, this morning on my way to work ( I started at 10:0 a.m ), I reached at the subway station at my normal time of 09:00 a.m, because I don't like rushing about.

The Metro System Is Impressive, But When It Stalls,It's A Pain!

What would happen on this particular morning of all mornings, but the train being delayed for half an hour! @#$%&*! Alright, I feel a little better. But you see what I mean? Everyone that had to get to their jobs at certain times, well forget about it, who cares, the subway sure doesn't, they made extra money from us during the peak hours, but we got off-peak service, cool huh? That's the mentality unfortunately, we depend on them, so just take it or leave it...Enough about those jerks, because I sure don't have money to sue their asses, so I just got screwed like everyone else man. Let's look at the other alternatives of public transport in our city. The famous ' Micro Amarillo '( Yellow bus ).

Don't Like These Buses At All!

I for one don't like travelling in those monstrosities, and I avoid them when ever I could. These buses are filthy, most of the drivers are rude, they drive like lunatics, and they are a criminal's ride for easy victims, when it comes to robbery. So, the government came up with the brilliant scheme called ' Trans Santiago '. Supposedly, this new system, which would start the circulation of buses that are technologically more advanced, with security systems to control the speed of these buses, apparently more cleaner, less cramped, with a little bit of control also against robbery etc.

The Plan Called ' Trans Santiago '


Sounds good when you talk about it, but when you think of the reality, I think that I could do stand up comedy with this! First of all, even with these beautiful buses that they have introduced, the system is the same, the entire bus system still belongs to all the different bus companies in Santiago. Meaning, that some of them are sticking to the plan, whilst the rest just don't give a damn, and seems like none of the government agencies care to revise them either. So we are back to the free for all! The funniest thing is that, even though we have these new buses circulating, Tran Santiago is not even officially inaugurated yet...So to see some of these buses and the condition that they are in right now, is simply one more joke to tell. Public transportation, I can't stand it, but, it is necessary....

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Is

Check out the best of em' !

Destra Garcia